Saturday, September 15, 2007

Space and Process : Analog_KAS


I have just to say thanks to Ian and Charles for arranging me the space at QUT - I love it its great to get a space where I can think and make a mess. I have started personalizing the space -even if I get kicked out in a couple of months or so I want to be inspired so I am gonna stick up pics up of whats out there.

Hell the space is bigger than the unit I live in- Fan-bloody -tastic!!!

Analog Process:
1- Tools: Basic students pottery kit, paper based clay as its seen as stupid proof, spray for wetting clay,wire for armatures, brushes and sponges for something.
2- Base Structure : made up from paper trash and coffee cup found in the studio, I also use a an bit of wire for support -all of which will be removed from the sculpt when dry.
3- Underlying support/armature :hopefully my clay slaps that I put over this will not collapse and crack
4-Beer and thoughts: Cheers to my neighbor

Now I just have to pull this baby off

Table sketches: Just some arbitrary sketches I did on the table.
I am doing the "hey I 'm an artist so I can!" thing...WOOT! - Cynicism aside I did feel comfortable in the space/place..so who knows I may get some things done after all.

No comments: