Sunday, September 30, 2007

Analog/Actual -Finished

Saturday afternoon 29_09_07 _ Yes!!!!
I have finished the clay bust- it is now drying in its cupboard. It was successful as an experiment on the analysis of the medium of clay - successful since I had never sculpted a bust in clay before.

Really liked working with the paper based clay (its a very forgiving clay for noobs)- Even though in the end the sculpt is no longer a portrait image of David- as I rushed the working in of his eyes and lost his key features and proportions in the process.
Doing this exercise has certainly given me a better understanding of working with clay- and I really enjoy working with it- except for the fact there is no Crtl+Z in the physical world and that have to keep the clay wet. though next time I will work a little more loosely and to larger scale -which to me is the more fun aspect of clay.


I had a great time making a mess- I will be making more soon.
Though I will be looking into using sculpty or some other equivalent in the next physical(From now on I will be using the term actual) sculpt.


No comments: