Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Update_Analog_KAS

Slowing moving out from the blocking stage- just one thing to mention- good thing I am not planning on firing the bust as I am sure there are loads of air bubbles.

I am now at the stage of reworking and removing bits of clay that I don't need from the bust, which still need loads of work but the paper based clay is a pleasure to work with. I have all the reference up - now just have to get it looking like him.
(easier said than done as one can see from the images below).
Above: Just realized where I am not putting the correct volumes of clay- as one can see from the un -overlayed version below.

After looking at the the photos I have put up I realise just how unsymmetrical my model is- I have also notice that the best way to get the volumes right (for me) its to close my eyes and feel the volumes of the face- which I obviously cannot do on the Mudbox version -an avantage- also its just great to feel the flesh of ones work so to speak.

Things I do miss from working in the virtual/digital- Control z, symmetry on tools, free camera rotate - that way I can work from any angle.....

Things I don't miss from digital - NO tactile aspects.....For me sculpture is not just about seeing its about touching feeling the piece.

No comments: