Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Notes on exercise:_KAS

I will make the same artefact twice

Initial concepts: a bust of a person - David Kassan came to mid as I had promised to make a sculpture based on him. A sculpture referencing skeletal anatomy images of birds and predators. (Xeno biology?)

What do I want to analyse?

Which piece do I make first?

Process- Technique

In Mudbox (Virtual) and in Clay (Analog)


Process- Creative approach

Virtual- Ease of use and familiarity

Analog- tactile-ness of working with clay


Why am I doing this exercise- to find out in which medium I am more comfortable, what are the differences in the mediums.

Though in both cases the end result is a sculpture.

Documentation- Journalise my process through this blog- which will then be used as a basis of an essay for my “Approaches to Enquiry”. (2000 words)

Timeline
Journalise and create pieces up to week 2
Rough draft of essay submitted to supervisor’s week 3
Submit end of week 4 (Week 10- Wednesday 10October)


No comments: